[C38] need big prop

les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 14 16:19:17 EDT 2011

We had a folding prop on JACE.  It was an Elliptec. I also had a fixed
prop.  There was a slight bit more propwalk with the folding prop, but
otherwise it worked about the same.  Backing out of the slip in windy
conditions meant a big burst to get the boat moving, then neutral while
the boat built up inertia for a bit, then another burst, neutral, burst,
neutral, then back up.  This avoided most of the prop walk (but not all)
and it was still easier to back to port than starboard, but I could do
it in a pinch.

Regards,