[C38] Skegs (not kegs!)

tdtron at earthlink.net tdtron at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 14 20:29:50 EDT 2011

I sold my 38 but it was a 1981, hull  #95, shoal draft with a skeg mounted
cutlass bearing but the rudder was the same as on the deep fin models.  The
skeg mounted cutlass gave some additional keel surface to compensate for
the shorter keel but I don't think there was any difference in the rudder.

Does anyone know if the Yankee 38 had a skeg rudder?

Tom Troncalli
Recovering ex-Catalina 38 owner

pretty sure I've seen a pic of one but don't know if it's a mod. Thanks!