[C38] Refrigeration

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 11:45:09 EDT 2011

OK, I've got a new proposal for Association funding...we pay for Tom to
visit all of our boats and see what improvements can be made!

Obviously I'm kidding, but Tom is a great wealth of knowledge and I
appreciate his continuing to share it with us.

Along with improving the refrigerant line, I had a conversation with a guy a
couple years ago about some sort of insulation material (a rigid sandwich
type with a vacuum core) that he claimed was the answer to keeping things
cold.  While I don't remember the material, the point is that we need to be
sure we're insulating the box well given it's proximity to the engine (heat)
or all of these mechanical improvements will be marginal at best.

Steve R

--
Steve Ribble
207/852-0971