[C38] Chesapeake38's/Boat Show/GOBR

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 13:23:32 EDT 2011

Bill, was that for canvas (and plastic windows) only? Can you post a pic?

Steve R

On Wednesday, September 28, 2011, William Knowles <whk1965 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark, Bill here I just bought a new dodger to replace my old one. I bought
it from Island Nautical canvas in the Bronx it was $1025 including shipping.
Best price I could find by from $500 to $1000. My boat is in Rock Hall MD if
you want to take a look.
> Bill Flying Goose
>
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 10:34 AM, <dmills3 at comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone it's Dan #108. I have a few questions to a lot of folks so I
thought I would put it all in one message.

>> To the West Coasters, Phil and Richard who are coming to the Boat Show, I
WILL be taking the boat to Annapolis on Wednesday Oct. 5th. My wife and I
will be going to the show on the 6th and would love to meet you there. My
cell phone is 410-206-9663 <tel:410-206-9663>, just give a call while you're
at the show and we could meet up in the Catalina area. I am anxious to take
all of you sailing for a couple or more hours on Fri. the 7th (Phil & guests
and Richard & wife) if you want to go. Also if any of you want to race in
the Good Old Boat Regatta (GOBR) on Sat. or Sun. the 8th and 9th and have
not been asked by the other boats I can probably take 2 of you.
>> To Brett, have you been lucky enough to get me a slip? Are you going to
be at the Skippers Meeting on Fri. the 7th? As I mentioned before about
going Non-spinnaker for the races, our boats do quite well with double
headsails. I have an old mylar sail bought off Ebay that we hoist up free on
a spinnaker halyard and if the breeze is decent it really helps. Can't wait
to meet you.

>> To Mark O'Dell, Welcome to the Catalina 38 group. I don't have my dodger
on the boat because of racing. When you find the person that is going to
build your dodger frame and do the canvas work, if it would help save you
money and the persons time on fabricating from scratch, I would be willing
to come down to your boat and show you how it fits and lend it to you so
your fabricator can duplicate it. He could also take all the measurements
from the canvas section. It has to be low because of how low our boom is.

--
Steve Ribble
207/852-0971