[C38] 9-11 boat lift

Chuck Finn charles at finn.ws
Thu Sep 29 08:51:38 EDT 2011

I was chair of a graduate program for a SUNY college at that time.  We
lost 8 students (mostly firefighters) that day.  You really had to be
around this to actually comprehend it.  The usual emergency answers were
completely overwhelmed.  What do you do when a million people need
immediate help?  Most of that help in those first days came from regular
people stepping up to do what they can and as it turns out, risking
their lives  (that dust cloud had pretty toxic stuff in it).
Boaters of course have a tradition of helping out on the seas.  I am
both not surprised they turned out and immensely proud as well.

The next time you come to the aid of another boater, think of the proud
tradition you are part of!

Regards,
Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn, #114