[C38] Holes in boats

Chuck Finn charles at finn.ws
Mon Oct 3 10:36:32 EDT 2011

Holes in boats... everybody's nightmare!

One of the problems I found with our bilge pumping setup is the long
hose and size.   I have a 2000 as well and get quite a bit of head
pressure.  I am planning on replacing the hose with a smooth bore hose
that resists pinching and kinking.  I currently have two pumps working
through the one hose, which does not increase volume but does ensure
against pump failure.  I am considering plumbing the second pump
(located forward of the shower sump, which I have disconnected and put
the starting battery in) to a separate overboard hole.  The only thing
stopping me is actually selecting where I am going to drill that second
hole...  Probably the best place would be high on the port side,
possibly following the path of the holding tank vent and then out the
side.....

Anybody have a better idea?

Chuck Finn
Mighty Quinn,  #114