[C38] Throttle cable and rudder cable

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:26:05 EDT 2011

Patrick, There is a cable holder that clamps bot wires together inside the
pedestal. That's the nut located a few inches under the steering shaft.
Take off that nut and pull up both wires to one side of the shaft.
disassemble the clamp and you'll be able to remove it,  up or down. I think
it works both ways, but for the new cable installation, you must push it up
from the engine room.
The cables won't have to be made, just by a regular 33 series cable with
the same length.
Here's the edson instructions with pics of the clamp.
http://www.edsonmarine.com/support/PDFs/installation/EB396EngineControlInstr.PDF

Hope this helps!
Regards, Max

Max Soto