[C38] Vented loop to muffler cooling injector, yes!

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Sun Nov 6 19:19:35 EST 2011

You are right and so is Steve. Your statement brought the cooling
circuitry flooding back into my brain.  I had forgotten the circuit for
the water when I wrote the first bit.  (I've been working too much and
haven't thought about the boat enough lately).

The water pump takes seawater from the the seacock at the through hull
via the water filter. The water pump sends water to the cooler, which
sits on top of the engine. The cooling water exits the rear of the
cooler, goes to the the fiberglass box water lock then to the vented
loop (or vented loop first, before the box?). From there, the sea water
squirts into the injection riser of the manifold and into the muffler.
I think I remember this correctly but don't have a diagram here.

  Gawd, I gotta get out more often.

Thanks you guys for straightening me out!
Regards, Don