[C38] Quadrant

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 23:22:10 EST 2011

Patrick,
>From my point of view, you're lucky!!! Disassembling mine took me one
week!!LOL... While assembling it will take just a few minutes.
New from Edson, they run for around $280, and they will bore it to the
right diameter for our rudder post diameter,
... The quadrants on our boats can get wet by saltwater easily, and the
salt deposits and white stuff that corrosion produces will contaminate the
pores of the cast aluminum, making it sometimes,  impossible to weld. Hope
this is not your case...
 If you still have your water heater installed, you'll have to remove it in
order to assemble it. For ease of maintenance and rudder removal on the
future, assemble every bolt on the quadrant with teff gel , or similar, or
at least put  some grease on them.
Good luck!

Regards,

Max
2011/11/6 Patrick Harpole <1derful at comcast.net>

> ** *
> Martha Stewart might say, "This is not a good thing."
> I mentioned I lost control of my rudder and Max explained what it might
> be.  He was "spot on."  The quadrant is broken up.  Easy (but sad) to see
> it from the stern lazerette.
> Anyone know a good and reasonable marine mechanic in the Bay Area?
> Patrick
> *

Max Soto
C38 #198 ESTANCIA