[C38] Chesapeake C38'ers

dmills3 at comcast.net dmills3 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 10 12:50:51 EDT 2012

There's a Catalina 34 raft up in the Corsica River (up the Chester River) on Sat. Sept 15th that my friend is going to and he see's no problem with other Catalina's being nearby. Mark (Momentous) from Jones Creek could come and I thought I would put this out there for other C38's.
Can Brett and Michael also come? I also called Craig (Wings) the visiting C38 from the Great Lakes and he could also come. I believe Bill with Flying Goose is in Rock Hall and maybe he could come. Wow!
Last year I believe the National Catalina 38 organization put out a message that if other C38's got together for a party they would contribute a little money for refreshments to help out. Maybe we'll hear from them. Do we have to organize a seperate C38 Fleet of the Chesapeake to take advantage of this offer or if a group of us got together unofficially could we get a little help from the National group that we belong to?
This is a perfect opportunity for quite a few C38's to get together. Also Brett or Michael mentioned the Good Old Boat regatta coming up soon (Oct 6) and it would be great to have 4 or 5 of us do a One Design start.
Come on guys lets get together.
Hoping to see a lot of C38's
Dan Miller #108 Blonde Stranger   410-444-6801