[C38] Hose to bilge pump

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 11:27:41 EST 2012

Patrick

With a very serious water entry, you would have ended up with a very wet
interior, few feet below surface level!

I have two automatic bilge pumps. One higher than the other and also a high
water alarm, just in case!

The two pump hoses have a siphon break installed under the sink, higher
than the water line to avoid back siphoning and if the thruhull reaches
water level, to avoid it from fillingthe boat.

Every time I leave the boat unnatended for more than one day, I close all
thruhull valves, to avoid  any nasty surprises!
Boats have sink because of a head malfunction!

Regards,
Max

2012/1/29 <1derful at comcast.net>

> The clamp came off the bilge pump so the bilge was full of water.
>
> If this stayed off would the boat sink, that is, would it fill up to the
> level of the bilge outlet or sink?
>
> I assume it would have sunk.
>
> Patrick

Max Soto