[C38] J measurement

dmills3 at comcast.net dmills3 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 1 18:03:50 EST 2012

Our boat is extremely easy to get a rough J measurement because of the slopeing foredeck and the placement of the foreward hatch. I went down to my boat, opened the foreward hatch, attached a tape measure to the stem fitting with a twisty wire from a loaf of bread and pulled the tape through the hatch to the forward side of the mast and presto, mine is 15'- 5". The J is the measurement taken at a   90 degree angle from the front of the mast to forestay attachment. On our boat it is very easy to take that measurement. It's not perfect but it is close.

Were you there when he took his measurements? I believe he made an error.

Dan #108