[C38] Hose to bilge pump

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 21:48:18 EST 2012

Are you flushing with fresh water???  I wanted to do that conversion, but
that will Just take a lot of water from the tanks......  If you liveaboard
on a slip with permanent water supply, that will be the way to go... Of
course, depending on the kind of head..
Regards,max

On Monday, February 6, 2012,  <1derful at comcast.net> wrote:
> Max,
>
> I guess I can leave the through hull fitting to the head closed as long
as I just empty to holding tank and don't flush with sea water..........

> ________________________________

That's at least until the next weekend... Besides that, it takes less tan
30 seconds to close all valaves....

> 2012/2/2 <1derful at comcast.net>
>
> Do you close all through hulls....would it be quicker just to leave some
closed...for example the sink and even the head....when and if it fills
with pee I could open it.....no pooping on my boat.

> Patrick
>
> ________________________________

cockpit, which I think came with all C38's.

>  I also installed separete thruhulls for the bilge pumps, both Higher
than the originals to prevent siphonning, and also that was the only space
left. The higher the discharge thruhulls, the better.
> The two lowest ones are the original cockpit drains, the middle ones are
exhaust on Port and manual bilge pump on Stb.
> The higher ones on each side are the ellectric bilge pumps.
> Previos owner was carefull in this area because when the head failed, he
found the boat with a foot of water in the cabin. Luckily, when that
happened, the tide was low, and since there was only a foot of water
between the keel and the bottom, the boat didn't sink!
> Hope this helps.
> Max
>
> 2012/2/2 <1derful at comcast.net>
>
> great tip....I am a lucky duck...still floating.
>
> Patrick
>
> ________________________________

interior, few feet below surface level!
> I have two automatic bilge pumps. One higher than the other and also a
high water alarm, just in case!
> The two pump hoses have a siphon break installed under the sink, higher
than the water line to avoid back siphoning and if the thruhull reaches
water level, to avoid it from fillingthe boat.
> Every time I leave the boat unnatended for more than one day, I close all
thruhull valves, to avoid  any nasty surprises!
> Boats have sink because of a head malfunction!
> Regards,
> Max
> 2012/1/29 <1derful at comcast.net>
>
> The clamp came off the bilge pump so the bilge was full of water.
>
> If this stayed off would the boat sink, that is, would it fill up to the
level of the bilge outlet or sink?