[C38] mast winch

Bruce Liese bliese at kumc.edu
Sun Feb 19 09:21:11 EST 2012

My favorite method for climbing the mast is the ATN Mastclimber.  I use it almost weekly throughout the season to climb masts for work.  It takes some physical effort to use but it's well worth it.

Bruce S. Liese
Crusader, #53
Owner, Kansas City Sailing
www.KansasCitySailing.com
Bruce at KansasCitySailing.com

>>> William Knowles  02/17/12 4:24 PM >>>
Does anyone see anything wrong with drilling and tapping the mast to mount an off road vehicle winch to work on the mast? Not a permanent mount just when needed run the wires out the hatch. I have a 2000 lbs with remote.

Bill Flying Goose   #324