[C38] a nest of academics!

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Tue Feb 28 09:16:33 EST 2012

Julian: Wow, how cool! Four academics in the C38 club that I know of!
And now you, an Aggie not to mention an evolutionary biologist; how
small is this world!  My son got his master's in applied statistics at
Ann Arbor a couple of years ago. Go Blue! (UCD athletics have gone
downhill since you were here).
Sorry to be so ignorant of Universal diesels.  From what the others have
said, it seems that the Universal throttle should be adjusted to have
the slow end so low that it is effectively a stop switch. I can do that
with my Yanmar, but it makes idling when cold a difficult proposition,
especially for anyone who is not "one with the diesel"  I must replace
my throttle cable, it is old and hard to work.
Regards, Don
http://www.eve.ucdavis.edu/stronglab/