[C38] Teak Floor Grates

Steven Ribble steve.ribble at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 17:22:57 EST 2012

Hi Folks;
I have 30 year old teak cockpit grates whose side rails are pined to the
woven grate with dowel pins.  Everything but the pins looks great, but the
pins are loose and somewhat damaged/deformed and are now in need of
replacement.  I thought these pins (3/8 dia. x 2" long, fluted) would be an
easy thing to find, but alas there are all kinds of wood (other than teak)
and there are many sizes (other than [ours]).

To save the next person the hours of searching, I finally found a source
and the cost is quite reasonable $20/100 pcs (because they don't make
grates this way any more and the guy has a bunch of the pins): Teakflex
 email: teakflex at aol.com  Ken Clift  phone: (888) 388-0419

--
Steve Ribble
Tittravate #64