[C38] Unstepping mast plus deck + cabin trunk repairs

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Sat Mar 24 17:28:28 EDT 2012

Marci.  When we did ours we ended up doing everything. Replaced the wiring the rigging and the lights and antenna. Our thinking was this is hopefully the only time we will pull it.  I was amazed how the anchor light and other stuff on the mast head fell apart upon being touched. The earlier comment about a box for your wiring connections is very good advice too. Our is in the forward part of the bilge.  While replacing our wiring the yard left one outside the conduit and after it driving me crazy for two years I finally had them  correct it.  When it is down its also a great time to add other rigging such as mainsheet led forward to the mast. Cunningham leads. Winches. Even out haul led internally in the boom.  If desired consider a new or reworked mast collar.

Steve Smolinske
(425) 227-4500