[C38] Unstepping mast plus deck + cabin trunk repairs

tdtron at earthlink.net tdtron at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 26 09:07:42 EDT 2012

When we un step our mast we only loosen the turnbuckles on one side and one end of the boat, usually starboard and forward. This gives enough shroud relief to un-pin the other sides but makes adjustments very easy once the mast is reinstalled since only one side was effected on each of the two tension directions.  We started using this procedure many years ago in our trailering days but this simple procedure works well on any Marconi rig.

Tom Troncalli