[C38] second bilge pump

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Sat Apr 7 12:18:56 EDT 2012

Patrick: I have three electric Rule pumps in the bilge. Each has a
separate hose. The smallest one that Rule makes is toward the stern. It
drains the bilge into the sink after a rain or a hard day of beer
drinking with ice melting from the box. Its switch is on the panel. A
bigger one with the automatic switch is next. Finally, in toward the bow
sits the Rule 2000. I need to flip a switch on the panel to get it to
pump. With luck, I will never have to use the large one.  I also have a
manual Whale back by the helm.
  Don

On 4/7/12 9:08 AM, 1derful at comcast.net wrote:

> I've asked this question before but forgot/didn't understand the answer.
>
> Where should the auxillary/back pump be placed?
>
> Any reason not to put in the bilge?
>
> I understand that it would go one when the primary one went on but
> does that make a difference?
>
> The exit supposed to be off the stern above water level.  Correct?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick

Donald R. Strong
Professor