[C38] 2012 Catalina 38 Nationals (and rendezvous)- August 25th (During AC World Series)

Anders Finn anders at finn.ws
Tue May 8 00:55:21 EDT 2012

Attention Catalina 38 Sailors!

The Catalina 38 International Association will be hosting the 2012 Catalina 38 Nationals on August 25th. The America's Cup AC-45's will be in town for the World Series event and it should be a great time. There will be a pre-race meeting (aka breakfast), a race and dinner. We'll be doing our best to schedule the race and dinner to allow everyone to see the AC-45 World Series event as well. This will be a friendly race around existing navigational marks that should be enjoyable by all. We would like to accommodate all Catalina 38 sailors who would like to attend so captain's with boats are encouraged to join our lot system to bring along visiting members.

In any case, this is a RVSP event and we need to have solid numbers by June 3rd 2012. In the coming weeks as I get all the rest of the information together, I'll be making a page on the Catalina38.org for the event as well.

A big thanks to Kerry Grimes and Bob Kirby for helping me get this underway.

Anders Finn
Mighty Quinn