[C38] vibration under power

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Tue May 29 17:09:56 EDT 2012

Jay: We have a solid shaft coupling on Discrete Charm and no vibration.
I would suspect that your engine and shaft are not aligned.
I was able to align my shaft in a couple of hours alone. With help, it
would go faster. Instructions are on line.
I will send you instructions for alignment if you want.
Regards, Don

On 5/29/12 1:47 PM, Jay Sorensen wrote:

> Greetings All,
>
> As we use our C-38 more and more we are finding that we'd like to
> reduce the drivetrain vibration during motoring as much as possible.
>  When going to Catalina from San Diego it's a 10-12 hr motor and the
> vibration can become annoying to Admiral Dorothy!  Does anyone have
> experience with the R&D flexible coupler,  Bullflex, or any other
> brand?  Is there a brand to definitely stay away from?  Did you have
> to shorten the shaft or did you accept the extra distance between the
> prop and the strut?  Thanks!.......Jay
>
> Jay L. Sorensen
>
> Director, GMP Manufacturing
>
> NovaRx, Inc