[C38] 2012 Catalina 38 Nationals (and rendezvous)- August 25th (During AC World Series)

littlebreeze at comcast.net littlebreeze at comcast.net
Fri Jun 8 23:56:12 EDT 2012

Good evening fellow Catalina 38 family. It is with a heavy heart and wishful prayers that I let you know Anders Finn was involved a very serious motorcycle accident last Friday, June 1, 2012. He is currently at San Francisco General Hospital, in the ICU. I have been in touch with his father, Charles Finn, who is now in San Francisco with his wife, looking after their son. Charles asked that I let the list know of Anders accident and forward the attached web site so you could keep up with his condition. The web site will allow you to send the family and Anders your best wishes. www.giveagrintofinn.com Anders is still in very serious condition, and is still in the ICU. He is talking and cognizant of what he is saying. He has even made a joke or two. I will leave it up to you to follow the link to view his status, injuries, and the events surrounding the accident. I pray for a quick and full recovery.

Charles also asked Bob Kirby and I to pick up where Anders left off with the West Coast Catalina 38 Nationals. Since I have no idea who has responded so far, I am asking anyone who will be coming out to sail with us, to please email me, either through the list, or at my email address of littlebreeze at comcast.net. I would like to know if you are bring your own boat, or if you are coming down to go sailing with us on our boat. After which will all watch the Luis Vitton Cup races. We are planning on having dinner at a local resturant in either Sausalito or Berkeley later that evening. Soulds like a great weekend in the San Francisco Bay. Charles is hoping Anders will be well enough to join us for the day. Please contact me as soon as you can so Bob and I know what we are getting into.

Kerry Grimes
Little Breeze, 139
San Francisco
(925) 354-6487