[C38] Transmission Shift problem

William Knowles whk1965 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 08:00:42 EDT 2012

I had the same problem, your cable probably slipped in the transmission
arm. If it is a little off the cable will jam. Before I found this out I
could get it to shift by shutting off the engine, shifting and restarting.
It is amazing how fast you can do this when docking. Loosen the cable
connection at the shift arm, Have someone start the engine and shift with
just the arm. If it works OK then the problem is the cable alignment. Now
make sure the shift lever is in neutral and centered and the shift lever is
in neutral and centered. Retighten start the engine and shift at the dock,
I do this drill every (shift at dock) time I go out seems to loosen things
up, and it's better to know it won't shift while there are still lines on
the boat. Hope this helps

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 1:27 AM, Joseph Launie <jlaunie at cox.net> wrote:

>  steel mills had problems with the air quality rules
>
> On 7/5/2012 9:58 PM, Larry Malmberg wrote:
>
> I was born at Kaiser Hospital at the Kaiser Steel Mill in Fontana CA in
> 1945, been on their health plan all my life.  Little or no complaints
> either.  It's kind of funny these days, when I mention this to some of the
> Kaiser Permente employees, Doctors and Nurses they have no idea there was a
> steel mill at all.  LOL  I worked in the mill for five years and then moved
> on to another vocation.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Larry Malmberg
>
> Team Hassle