[C38] Bob Stay

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Fri Nov 30 01:58:45 EST 2012

Joe,

I follow your idea, here is a pic, I was thinking if you turned the bolt
around as shown it might work and would save the hassle of drilling more
holes in the boat, the angle for the wire shroud between the two
connection points is shallow but since your just wanting to counter the
upward force when furling this may give you enough.   Might be worth a
try first.   The second option as you and Max pointed out is securing
lower and also shown is the oblong pad eye I was thinking about.

If you cant find someone to make up your backing plate let me know we
can talk about what you want, I would draw up  a drawing for you to make
a mock up carboard piece before welding.   Im sure we have some scrap in
the machine shop for us to fabricate from to keep the cost down.  were
you thinking of the backing plate following the three sides of the hull
something like a vee with legs going starboard and aft and connected by
an inch or so in the middle at the bow? Or just a standard rectangle?

Steve

#312 Peregrine

Seattle