[C38] Chain Plate update

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Fri Jan 25 01:21:57 EST 2013

Wanted to pass along an update to the recent chain plate article.  As
mentioned I did the repair and came back after about 4 months to tune
the rig, all during this time of course there was no leaking.  After
bringing the shrouds to tension there was enough movement on the port
side to split the sealant in the gap and now a leak.  It would probably
be best to do the repair, tension the rig and then seal the hole in the
deck.   Now I will be reverting to silicone for the winter, and in the
spring lifting the chain plate cover to clean out the hole and reseal
while leaving the shrouds tensioned and in place.

Steve

#312 Peregrine

Seattle