[C38] the "other" HIN

Peggy Droesch saintpeg at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 13 14:10:44 EST 2013

Hi all,

Irie is in need of one minor fix that has been on our list for a while, namely re-engraving the HIN on the transom. I have no worries about the accuracy of the HIN on our registration docs, it matches the hull number on the plate below the backstay, but the etched number got covered over in the course of gelcoat repair by the PO & it bugs me.

I have heard that on most production boats there is a second HIN engraved someplace that is harder for a would-be thief to find & remove. Does anybody know where it is on our boats?

Cheers,

Peggy
Irie #231
San Francisco