[C38] RPM for smooth transmission change

Pierre Patino pierre.patino at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 17:44:05 EDT 2013

Hello All

I just read every posting since 2005 containing the word "transmission" and
I did not find what I was looking for.

It seems to me that I need lesser and lesser RPM to effect a transmission
change, very close to the point of stalling. I don't have an idle setup,
the boat's stock throttle goes all the way down to cutoff so it's a matter
of listening to the engine which sometimes is difficult in high winds.

What could be causing the transmission's lack of proper shifting until the
RPM is very low? Is time to rebuild/replace/sell the boat?

Thanks for your time.