[C38] engine problem

Angelika - A Room With A View rwaview9 at bigpond.com
Mon Jan 14 01:22:21 EST 2013

Hello Fellow C38 Owners

I have a problem/frustration with my M35 diesel engine and wonder if anybody
else has experienced a similar occurrence.

In settled conditions (eg harbour/marina) the motor starts and runs smoothly

however after an afternoon's sailing in the local sailing comp the motor
will start roughly and continues that way for about a minute or so and then
settle into a smoother operation.

I originally thought it was residual muck in the bottom of the fuel tank
being stirred up while at sea however I have recently removed the tank to
have alterations made and in the meantime had the lines (temporarily)
connected to a Jerry-Can with clean diesel.

The problem continues - ie runs roughly for 30-60secs then smooths out.

Has anybody got any suggestions.

Gary Millar
BOHEME (362)