[C38] Keel & Toe Rail Question

Mark O'Dell mixedbusinesscontact at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 14:42:40 EST 2013

Hey All...

Two questions for the group.

First the easy one...

What is the best material to use to fill the outboard gap between the
bottom of the aluminum toerail and hull? (5200? Caulk? Epoxy?) (Pic
attached)

Second...

When I bough the boat  3 years ago I noticed that it had some strange
leakage / seepage at the bottom of the keel. The surveyor wasn't concerned
(and didnt have any explanation), as the keel seemed to be solid... and
honestly I wasnt too concerned because the bilge has always been pretty
dry, it's way low on the keel, it's underwater and with a good coat of
paint out-of-sigh-out-mind. But, I've always wondered what the heck is
going on here. More than a few boatyard conversations havent turned up
much, so I thought I'd kick it out to the group...  See the attached
images... Any ides?

Mark
Momentous #230
Baltimore