[C38] Mast winches

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 12:21:36 EST 2013

Hey Mark, I installed a 30ST for jib and spare halyard on port side of the
companionway, but have been using this one  for mainhalyard because I
havend installed the starboard winch yet.. Noticed  that  a 40st will be
better in order to getting somebody loft and making it a little bit easier
for enybody to raise the mainsail...  I verbought a brand new Lewmar 44st
very cheap, but this is way too big.. the 40 is the way tog... I just have
to trade the 44!
Regards, Max

2013/3/3 Steven Ribble <steve.ribble at gmail.com>

> Hi Mark. I've run my main halyard back to the cockpit and use a two speed
> Lew 30ST. I use the original (a single speed Lew 30) for the second jib
> halyard. 16 seems a little light.
>
> Steve
> Tittravate, #64
>

> --