[C38] Jib

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Tue Mar 19 23:11:26 EDT 2013

Dave,
Any interest in sailing in Santa Barbara from time to time?I have a bad
leg so have trouble even getting aboard but am sailing with a green
crew. We won the last race of the year in a 14 boat fleet so still have
boat speed.  When notracing we try to go out for a practice sail every
sunday at 1 PM. I have greatly modified the boat for short crew. We have
gone to assy chutes with a retractable pole. I have 3 Harken electric
winches for the primaries and main sheet. Halyard winches on deck are
Lewmar 40s manual.  We rerigged and re-wired the mast and installed a
Harken traveler and adjustable fairleads. Our latest addition is a
Karver top down chute furler which we are having trouble using.  In our
last race we went from 5th to last when we tried to furl our big 1/2 oz.
in over 15 knots of breeze. Should have just dropped the whole thing.
Our next races are fun ones. We have Goleta and return (about 14 miles)
on April 14 and Hollister trophy which goes around an oil platform and
marks for 15 miles. My cell is805 451 -6388 -if interestedor know of
anyone- give me a call. We provide lunch on all sails and a round of
drinks and snacks at the yacht Club afterwards. The boat would host your
wife at the YC after the sail. Joe