[C38] Halyard question

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Sun Jun 2 16:57:20 EDT 2013

Brett it really depends where your winches are, (spin and jib halyard
winches for me are mid ship on deck) I always figured for the mast its
50 from the deck to the top, So I start with 100 feet then add on the
length that allows you enough room for a spinnaker take down anywhere on
the boat, (foredeck or cockpit) then long enough tail for leading to the
cockpit if you want and for trimming off for repairs. For me that makes
the spin halyards about 130 and for the main I usually go about 110
(winch  on the mast)