[C38] Climbing mast

dmills3 at comcast.net dmills3 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 7 16:13:30 EDT 2013

I usually go up the jib halyard and hook up a spinnaker halyard as a safety extra. Have someone crank you up and another person take up the slack on the spinnaker halyard. If your jib halyard is lead to the cockpit which means it goes through a block at the base of the mast, put a snatch block on the rail and go directly from the base of the mast to the snatch block and then you can use your primary winch to haul you up. Don't forget the spinnaker halyard for safety. If you go up the main halyard you could still use a spinnaker halyard but it would have to go over the upper and you would have some friction.
Dan #108 Chesapeake Bay