[C38] Northwest C38 Nationals

S Orton ssorton at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 23 13:36:35 EDT 2013

Hi Steve S,  What is the venue for the NOOD- a random leg buoy race?  The past 3 Nationals, we've raced in So. Cal, were windward/leeward races, where the windward buoy was adjusted between races to make it an exact windward/leeward venue.  This tests the boat handling skills to the max, with many spin sets jibs, etc.  Since I don't presently have a tested race crew in the NW, I need 4 weekends to work on spin handling with a new crew next year.  We won't be back into the NW until mid April and I can't get a boat/crew ready in just a few weeks- so count Santa Susanna out.  Unless, if the race venue is such sym spinnakers are not needed and asyms are only used, ie a code zero.  Cheers,  Steve O (Santa Susanna)