[C38] Merry Christmas

Joseph Launie jlaunie at cox.net
Tue Dec 24 01:19:19 EST 2013

Went for a laid back crew holiday celebration sail yesterday. The
forecast was for zero wind but as usual it was wrong. We had 6 to 8 most
of the time. The 5 foot west swell never reached our area. We are
sheltered from the west by Coal Oil Point (which has an active oil
seep).It started lightening around 4 PM but we were headed in because it
was getting cold. The high for the day was only 66 so it was getting
into the high 50s. Just another December day in Santa Barbara. The
humidity is low so the view of the channel, islands and sunset from the
house was incredible. San Miguel Island, 50 miles away looked close
enough to touch. Wish you all could have joined us. Happy Holidays Macavity