[C38] The loss of Hull #280

david at dlrfilms.com david at dlrfilms.com
Sat Jan 25 19:51:57 EST 2014

Horrifying to read about this.

Two weeks before our passage from Montauk to Bermuda in S/V INTEMPERANCE I
was under the deck with a blowtorch unfreezing the bolts that held the
pedestal in place so I could take it off to make room for a tiller.

Three weeks later when we were in Bermuda, beat up, tired, but safe, no
fewer than 5 boats came in that had suffered from steering problems, from
the inconvenient to the near catastrophic.

Every time I had to go into that space on INTEMPERANCE to do work I
thought about what it would be like to have to do that in survival
conditions, and even thinking about it now it fills me with dread.

So sorry to hear you lost your boat. Glad everyone is okay.

David
Ex S/V INTEMPERANCE