[C38] new headsail

David Stoltz sportscinema at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 13 21:08:19 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I own hull #297 here in Marina Del Rey, CA. I started racing the boat last year and have done pretty well so far. This past weekend we took a first in
in our class in the Del Rey YC race from MDR to Catalina and a second on the return Sunday.

I need to buy a new headsail and am not sure what to get. The other 38 racing has a 155 laminated sail. The average wind here is usually between
8 to 12 knots, occasionally building to 12 to 15. I have roller furling so I would like to have an all-around sail that I could go with most of the time. The
other question is should I stay with a good Dacron or spring for the extra bucks and go with a laminated sail? We spend about 60% of the time pleasure sailing, but I would like to get the maximum performance out of the boat when racing.

All suggestions welcome...

Thanks very much, your input is greatly appreciated.

David Stoltz
Andiamo