[C38] Redundant Fuel Pumps

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Fri Jun 27 00:03:26 EDT 2014

Here is a quick project I just finished before we head off cruising.  I
have replaced 3 fuel pumps in the six years I've owned Peregrine (I have
no idea why so many) this last time we just finished a 12 hour delivery
from Victoria and the next day when I started the engine at the dock,
the pump failed within 1 minute.  Not wanting it to happen while
cruising or at an inopportune time the following project.   I installed
a second fuel pump, two valves and a switch for current.  Now with the
turning of those two valves and a toggle of the switch the second fuel
pump takes over.   I'm having a plaque made up that shows the valve and
switch positions and plan to mount it just above the fuel filters.
Pretty sweet.

Steve

#312 Peregrine

Seattle