[C38] Overheating issue

littlebreeze@comcast.net littlebreeze at comcast.net
Fri Jul 11 14:59:57 EDT 2014

Michael, when my water heater is hooked up my boat runs hot, about 210, and cooks all the food in the ice box.  However, when I disconnect the water heater the engine runs at 180 as it should and doesn't effect the ice box.  I too have heard these engines run on the hot side, but I doubt you had problems all these years and are just now bringing it up.  So what changed.  Is you inline water intake filter partially plugged?  Is your under boat intake partially plugged.  Do you have a freeze plug leaking.  Is there another leak in the cooling system allowing the engine coolant to leak out.  If the closed system has a leak, the coolant boils at a lower temperature.

Just a few thoughts
Kerry Grimes
Little Breeze, 139

Loyalty above all else, except Honor.