[C38] 2014 Catalina 38 Nationals (2)

D McC cat38skip at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 13 22:28:06 EDT 2014

Hello all (especially  in the SF Bay Area),

I was recently contacted by the Berkley Yacht Club and they invited the Catalina 38 Fleet to participate in their 1-Design Invitational Regatta
to be held on August 2 & 3. If we can get 4 boats to commit to those dates, we will have a race!  BYC will manage the race. They are great hosts and have a terrific facility for post-race BBQ, dinner and festivities. The race will be governed by the same rules that we used for the last 2 races here on The Bay. We took great pains to make the rules accommodate the current Catalina 38 owners and boats, as most of us are weekend sailors and cruisers. Whether You are a racer or cruiser, try to come out and participate. Our boats are still fleet-competitive and it is fun to sail against fellow Catalina 38 owners. I will try to have Anders revive last year's Notice of Race & Rules to the website as soon as possible. The BYC will include the Catalina 38 fleet in their NOR on their website.
I will post updates as soon as I have more information.

Fair Winds and Good Sailing

Dave McCarthy
Catalina 38 International Association
PO Box 280425
San Francisco, CA 94128
831-419-1087 (mobile)
Email: cat38skip at yahoo.com
Alt-Email: sailmates at yahoo.com
Catalina 38  #148  (1982)  PRETTY LADY ~ 2012 National Champion

The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in sailing.