[C38] FYI

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Fri Dec 26 23:26:30 EST 2014

I pass this along not as a political statement of support for one view
or the other but just as information that boaters should be aware of so
they can plan accordingly.

Today I went to West Marine to purchase replacement flares for my ski
boat.  Last election cycle Washington voters approved strict new gun
laws.   Well it seems that West Marine in Washington State no longer can
sell flare "guns" because they are not an authorized firearms dealer,
and in order to buy one a person needs to go through a background check
and waiting period.  Also included in the ban are the rocket type flares
because they also "fire" a projectile.   I wonder if the USCG will give
me a pass for not having flares onboard?  (I am grinning ear to ear
thinking of Larry's reaction as he reads this)

Steve

Peregrine #312

Seattle