[C38] Cataina38.org is back

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Mon Jan 27 22:51:06 EST 2014

Congrats Joe!

From: Listserve [mailto:listserve-bounces at catalina38.org] On Behalf Of
Charles Finn
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2014 6:33 AM
To: Catalina 38 Listserve
Subject: Re: [C38] Cataina38.org is back

Congratulations Joe!  Please do try to post the photo as the one of the
trophy came through and it looks great!
Chuck Finn
Commodore

On 1/25/2014 4:05 PM, Joseph Launie wrote:

	Anders,
	    Many thanks. News item. On Dec 1, Macavity won the Lois
Sidenberg Perpetual trophy in a 17 boat fleet. We only had 4 aboard
including one gal.
	We led wire to wire in a wind range officially cited as 2 to 6.
It was a random leg course with a downwind finish. On that last leg,
approaching the finish line we got the mother of all chute wraps in our
big assy.    We half dropped the chute, got the wrap out and won by over
2 and a half minutes over the first of 3 J-70s. Dr. Laura was also out
in her J 100 and she was down the track. I have a picture of us
approaching the finish line but have not had much luck sending photos.
Joe