[C38] Nationals

Charles Finn charles at finn.ws
Wed Apr 16 11:33:45 EDT 2014

First I want to THANK Steve Smolinske for all the hard work he has
contributed to try and organize a C38 Nationals in the Northwest.  We
have talked and he is willing to try again next year, working on a time
with local skippers.   As we have learned, setting the time for the race
is probably the hardest part as our folks are extremely busy!   What we
do know is there is a viable fleet in the Northwest and hopefully there
will be a date next year when they can come together.

We will have a C38 Nationals this year in San Francisco.  I have been in
conversation with the planning committee  (Dave, Bob, Kerry, and Anders)
who have agreed to convert there Fleet race into a Nationals event.
They are scrambling to set this up, using Berkley Yacht Club as they
were great to us last year.   I am certain we will be hearing from them
shortly on times, race layout, etc.

For those folks in the Northeast!  I know we all would be very happy to
see a Fleet activity there this year and organizing it would set you up
for a Nationals Competition.   This is what we did in the Northwest,
with a dinner a year or so back.   Let me know how I can help make this
happen!

This organization is only as successful as the members make it! We owe
all these folks for there dedicated, hard work, which we all benefit
from in terms of name, respect, and value.   Thank You one and all,
Past, Present and Future!    And..... Please if you can help out in your
region and/or by contributing to the listserve discussion that help us all.

Regards,
Chuck Finn
Commodore
Catalina 38 International Association