[C38] Overheating issue

Michael de lisle krazymiked at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 13:12:32 EDT 2014

Thank you for your input guys. My boat is hull #240 and has the Universal
M3 (5424) diesel. I just installed a brand new raw water pump two months
ago and had plenty of flow in the exhaust exiting the boat. I thought about
a blown head gasket but there is nothing mixing with the oil to indicate
that this is the issue. As for the bracket, I am taking it to a very
reputable welding/fabrication shop here and having them fab up a new one
that will be a bit beefier. And I can not afford a new exchanger just yet
but will be upgrading to the three inch when I do. How is your plumbing for
the hot water tank mounted? Mine was strapped to the exchanger with a
couple of radiator hose clamps.