[C38] rudder post packing gland

Donald Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Sun Jul 27 20:52:46 EDT 2014

Yes David. You can replace the packing with the boat in the water. The
gland is down there, and replacing the packing is one of the more
"pleasurable" maintenance activities on our boats.  Be sure to get a pad
for your sternum. Hanging your head and hands into the stern lazarette
puts pressure on your chest. Make sure and secure the rudder when you
release the bolts, the rudder might sink.
Don
C38 #50 Discreet Charm
Emerycove Yacht Harbor,
San Francisco Bay