[C38] Lewmar 48ST Winches - Old/New

Pierre Patino pierre.patino at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 12:44:25 EDT 2015

Hello experts

I played hooky yesterday afternoon to give attention to my jib winches. I
had the time to work on both of them so my memory was fresh. Along with the
wear of 30+ years I noticed missing parts, i.e. parts present on one were
not on the other. Also, a couple of broken washers made an appearance. I
could discuss the frozen/welded crown plate screws but you know the story.

I haven't gotten any luck in finding spare washers, spindle end caps,
collars, spacers etc. after some furious searching.

Long story short, I have two questions:

1) Anybody know where I can get these hard to find parts?
2) Are the new Lewmar 48ST winches hole-compatible? I can't afford them now
but perhaps next year....

Thanks for your experience

Cheers