[C38] what engine model?

Max Soto maxsoto at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 21:05:38 EST 2015

I Realty meses more hp because, like chuck said, when I have 40k and waves on the bow, my speed decreases to 1knot. With big waves I have been slowed to 0.
I have to go on a channel in order to reach my dock, am if I miss that, I be delayed for 12 hours. Not nice...
So with this engine I should have lots of punch through the waves!

The engine is now on aligned and bolted on. Everything fitted pretty well as you can see in the pics. The bed was raised and leveled.
Have enough space on each side of the engine. It is smaller and lighter than the 5424, with 16hp more!!

Max Soto
+506-8312-1367
Alajuela, Costa Rica

> On 23/1/2015, at 9:12, Charles Finn <charles at finn.ws> wrote:
>
> Max,
> Two things about our boats that I don't like are the atomic diesel that is not strong enough to hold her bow in 40 knots and the smear left by diesel on her beautiful hull!  Keep us apprised!
> Chuck Finn
> Mighty Quinn #114  Lake Champlain
>
>> On 1/22/2015 9:49 PM, Max Soto wrote:
>> Hi Don, is a Yanmar 3JH4E, 40hp!!
>>
>> Hopefully, I'll be cruising close to hull speed and have enough hp when wind and waves are on the bow..
>> Regards,
>> Max Soto
>> +506-8312-1367
>> Alajuela, Costa Rica
>>
>> On 22/1/2015, at 18:38, Don Strong <drstrong at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Max: It looks like a Yanmar. What             model?
>>> Don

>>> --
>>> Donald R. Strong
>>> Professor,