[C38] yanmar exhaust riser captioned

Don Strong drstrong at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jun 30 13:11:29 EDT 2015

I have now captioned the components of our exhaust riser renovation.
The reno was done is 2012, 400 hours of care free service ago.
The next part to fail will probably be the exhaust manifold, which
came with the new engine in 2000, a thousand hours ago.
Advice, use cast iron bolts on the manifold. Stainless bolts
installed by the previous owner failed.
Don
http://exhaustriseryanmar3gm.blogspot.com/

On 6/30/15 9:55 AM, Don Strong wrote:
> Tom: The cast iron part is the exhaust manifold. The elbow is a Yanmar
> part.
> And, the other two components are stainless steel.
> Don
>
> On 6/30/15 9:29 AM, Tom Troncalli wrote:
>> Making a riser out of cast iron is about as stupid as making a
>> parachute out of fish net.
>>
>> Had I kept my 38 I intended to fabricate a stainless steel riser
>> before the Universal riser failed again.
>>
>> Tom Troncalli
>>

>> On 6/30/2015 11:24 AM, Don Strong wrote:
>>> We rebuilt our riser for C38 Discreet Charm in 2012.
>>> Yanmar 3GM.
>>> See it here,
>>> http://exhaustriseryanmar3gm.blogspot.com/
>>> Don