[C38] installing a bilge pump

Bruce Brown bbrown at usc.edu
Wed Jul 15 15:40:12 EDT 2015

We want to install an automatic submersible bilge pump on our '83/'84 C38 "Out of Film" to supplement the manual pump.  We've gone 25 years without an automatic pump but figure our luck is bound to run out sometime.  Has anyone done this?  We were hoping to avoid making another hole in the hull by teeing the outlet hose into the larger outlet hose of the manual pump but realize this may not be practical.

Bruce Brown

"Out of Film"

Channel Islands Harbor