[C38] installing a bilge pump

Steve Smolinske SSmolinske at rainierrubber.com
Mon Jul 20 20:11:14 EDT 2015

Tee's are not approved per abyc you also need a manual/automatic switch.  On peregrine I ran the through hull out the port side just under the toe rail.   It is visible and audible when discharging.   This way anyone at the marina might notice your pump running and investigate when you are gone.   It alerted me to the failed rudder packing gland last year only because while I was driving I noticed it coming on every twenty minutes. My two manual pumps discharge under the transom for one and the other also on the port side next to the automatic discharge.   I'm surprised you were able to get insurance without  one.

Sent from my iPhone